This month’s newsletter includes:
The next meeting of the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District Board of Directors is scheduled for:
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Join the Zoom meeting here.
Or call 1 408 638 0968 and enter Meeting ID: 847 8906 0820 Passcode: 972086
For questions, contact email@example.com.
View: the agenda, minutes of past Board meetings
- There are still a few openings for the second cohort of our Entrepreneur Training Program.
- Sessions start on Thursday, January 26, 2023.
- Learn more here. Apply here.
- The Holiday Market last month was great fun for all.
- Thanks to all the vendors, venues, and volunteers, and everyone who attended!
- Our SOMA Second Saturdays events resume on February 11, 2023, with a fun GAMES DAY!
- Indoors at the NEW Folsom Street Community Center,
- 1286 Folsom Street (@ 9th) in San Francisco.
- Drop in any time! 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Games may include: Kinky Pictionary, KINKO!, “South of the Slot” Trivia, UNO Dare!, and other favorites.
- Free snacks and soft drinks!
- Celebrate Socksgiving by bringing new socks, gloves, beanies, hygiene products, etc. for the unhoused.
- Preview the new Folsom Street Community Center space in advance of their grand opening!
- Applicable COVID-19 precautions enforced. Please bring proof of vaccination. This is a smoke-free event.
- Free! Donations welcome.
- A joint project of the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District, Folsom Street, and the SOMA West Community Benefit District.
- We return to Eagle Plaza in April.
The San Francisco Leathermen’s Discussion Group is now accepting applications for its Mentoring Program.
- For male-identified kinksters, leather folks, pups, gearheads, fetishists and others.
- Explore and deepen your kink/fetish sexuality, community, and relationships, at any stage of your journey.
- Safe and trusted, the Leathermen’s Discussion Group has been around since 1996.
- Program begins with an orientation meeting in late January, continues through September.
- The City also has begun a Storefront Vandalism Relief Grant Program.
- The grants provide up to $2,000 for vandalism-related costs.
- Examples of damages include broken windows, broken doors, broken locks, etching on windows, graffiti, and more.
- The Minnesota Street Project Foundation has created an emergency relief fund to help Bay Area artists impacted by the record-breaking rainfall and floods.
- Grants of up to $1,000 can help to cover artists' expenses, including restoration, storage, and temporary studio space.
- Grants are awarded based on need.
A few important dates to mark in your new 2023 calendar:
- SOMA Second Saturdays: 2/11, 3/11, 4/8, 5/13, 6/10, 7/8, 8/12, 9/9, etc.
- Golden Dildeaux Award Nominations Open: February 11 through March 14
- Golden Dildeaux Nomination Beer Bust: March 12
- Golden Dildeaux Award Voting Open: March 17 through April 18
- San Francisco Bay Area Leather Alliance Weekend: March 17-19
- Golden Dildeaux Award Ceremony: April 22
- LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District Anniversary Party: May 6
- Membership Deadline to vote in Cultural District Elections: May 11
- Up Your Alley Street Fair: July 30
- LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District Annual Meeting: August 16
- LeatherWalk 2023: September 17
- Folsom Street Fair: September 24
- Bearrison Street Fair: October 14
All dates are subject to change.
- Check out LEATHER District merchandise in our online store!
- Get your own LEATHER District mugs, water bottles, pillows, t-shirts, tank tops, and hoodies!
- All items shipped directly to you!
- All purchases benefit the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District.
- Join the Cultural District now!
- Membership is $15 (dues waiver available for financial hardship).
- Your membership helps us know and promote your goals, and assures you can vote for our Board next August.
- Click here to join or renew.
- Do not share this link with others; it has been customized for you, and will expire in 7 days.
- For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help keep SOMA Kinky & Queer; Make a donation today!
- Your gift helps keep our kinky places and spaces in SOMA, and supports community events, performances and public art.
- Tell your friends they can sign up to receive this newsletter at sflcd.org/signup.
- Please use the social media links below to follow, repost, retweet, amplify, and share everything we do!
Heavy weather can be both dangerous and depressing. We hope you are staying safe, dry and, of course, kinky!
LEATHER & LGBTQ CULTURAL DISTRICT
584 Castro Street #140
San Francisco, CA 94114