This month’s newsletter includes:
The next meeting of the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District Board of Directors is scheduled for:
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Join the Zoom meeting here.
Or call 1 408 638 0968 and enter Meeting ID: 847 8906 0820 Passcode: 972086
For questions, contact email@example.com.
View: the agenda, minutes of past Board meetings.
- Join us for the District’s Audacious Anniversary Party
- Entertainment, food, demos, and fun!
- Free Admission
- Saturday, May 7, 2022, from 5 to 9 pm
- Folsom Street Foundry, 1425 Folsom Street
- House of MORE!
- Alotta Boutté
- The Rebel Kings
- Shay Tiziano
- Ivy Limieux
- DJ Fawks
- And the chance to Strut Your Smut! on our first annual Brazen Runway!
- More info here or here!
- SOMA Second Saturdays continiues to bring folks together on 12th Street, from Folsom to Harrison.
- Browse kinky arts, buy queer crafts, and meet up with your friends in Eagle Plaza!
- Next event: May 14, 2022, 12 noon to 5 pm
- Free. (Donation requested.)
- Enjoy a special Saturday Beer Bust at the SF Eagle!
- This is a smoke-free event.
- Volunteers are needed: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- Want to show and sell your own work? Visit sfleatherdistrict.org/saturday for full info!
We are actively working to ensure equitable and fair representation in the once-every-10-years redrawing of San Francisco's Supervisory Districts. Our Cultural District representatives have spoken out at numerous hearings, supporting district lines endorsed by a coalition of more than 80 community groups, and opposing the proposed splitting of the Transgender District and separating them and the Tenderloin from our own District, which would dilute our power and joint influence. We have urged our members and supporters to attend hearings and rallies, which have succeeded, in that the most recent map keeps us together with the Tenderloin and the Transgender District.
For more information, see https://www.facebook.com/SFRisingAlliance/posts/7242193022517842
There are more hearings scheduled: attend a hearing online or in-person at City Hall to affirm support for keeping SOMA and the Tenderloin together!!! Don’t let us be gerrymandered apart!
The next hearing is scheduled for this Thursday, April 21, starting at noon. The hearing is likely to go all day, so sign on when you can. The link to connect will be posted here, and on our own website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Enjoy an hour of kinky, literary fun, every other Tuesday at 8pm, with the Cultural District's Zoom presentation of the Erotic Storytelling Hour.
- Our next sessions are April 19 and May 3.
- Full info and Zoom link at https://sfleatherdistrict.org/storytelling/
- San Francisco LGBTQ+ Pride returns to the streets, with a two-day in-person celebration in Civic Center and the historic Pride Parade down Market Street on Sunday.
- The dates are June 25-26, 2022, the theme is "Love Will Keep Us Together", and of course the LEATHER and LGBTQ Cultural District will be there.
- We will march in the parade with the Leather Contingent and host a booth at the Celebration. Please join us!
- Like and follow the Leather Contingent's Facebook group to be kept informed about parade planning.
- Join the Cultural District's volunteer team: carry our banner in the Parade, help staff our information booth, and otherwise participate.
- The Friends of Eagle Plaza and the SOMA West CBD have asked for communiuty input on a proposal to bring a farmer's market to Eagle Plaza.
- A weekly market could activate the Plaza and be a sustainable, positive asset for the community.
- Please complete this short survey to share your views.
- You have just a few more days to vote and help determine who wins the coveted (and totally fun) Golden Dildeaux Awards.
- Votes cost $1 each, with all proceeds benefitting the PRC Emergency Financial Assistance program.
- Then attend the Golden Dildeaux Awards Show, live, on Saturday April 30 at 6 pm, at the San Francisco Eagle, to see who gets The Woodys!
- Visit the Golden Gate Guards web site for full info.
- Remember: April 28 is the deadline to cast your votes.
- Learn more about San Francisco's unique and powerful Cultural Districts program here.
- See all the Cultural Districts, and link directly to their Facebook pages, here.
- Sign up to receive the City's quarterly Cultural District newsletter here.
Help keep SOMA Kinky & Queer; make a donation today! Your gift will help keep our kinky places and spaces in SOMA, and support community events, performances and public art.
Donate Today — and consider a recurring donation!
- Join the Cultural District now!
- Please renew your membership when you receive the reminder email.
- Membership is $15 (dues waiver available for financial hardship).
- Click here to join or renew.
- Do not share this link with others; it has been customized for you, and will expire in 7 days.
- For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
If you have friends who would like our newsletter, send them to sflcd.org/signup. Thanks!
Use the social media links below to follow, repost, retweet, or share our news, events and posts! Your social media activity helps extend our reach. Word of mouth is also welcome.
We hope you are having a great Spring! There's a lot happening in the Cultural District... enjoy it!
LEATHER & LGBTQ CULTURAL DISTRICT
584 Castro Street #140
San Francisco, CA 94114