This month’s newsletter includes:
The next meeting of the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District Board of Directors is scheduled for:
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Join the Zoom meeting here.
Or call 1 408 638 0968 and enter Meeting ID: 847 8906 0820 Passcode: 972086
For questions, contact email@example.com.
View: the draft agenda, minutes of past Board meetings.
- This month, SOMA Second Saturday is GAME DAY!
- February 12. 2022, 12 noon to 5 pm
- At the Folsom Street Community Center, 145 9th Street
- Games may include:
- Kinky Pictionary
- SOMA Trivia
- UNO Dare!
- Cards Against…
- Your Own Favorites!
- Please bring proof of vaccination and ID, and Mask Up.
- Applicable COVID-19 precautions will be enforced. Event will be moved to Zoom if circumstances dictate.
- Free snacks and non-alcoholic beverages! This is a smoke-free event.
- Volunteers Are Needed:
- Two shifts, 11:30 to 2:30 or 2:00 to 5:00
- You’ll be with another volunteer.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- SOMA Second Saturdays continue!
- March 12, 2022:
- April 9 and beyond:
- SOMA Second Saturday returns to the streets!
- Booth applications for Artists and Craftspeople will open soon.
- Needle Play Acupuncture
- Created by and for the kink and leather community
- "Excellence in holistic care, without judgement or question, to keep our community feeling great and playing hard!"
- Dr. Zo Marcos is
- a licensed acupuncturist,
- a Doctor of Chinese Medicine, and
- a kinky Leatherman!
- Conveniently located at the Wicked Grounds Annex, 293 8th Street
- Drop in for "Acu & Chill", a weekly community ear acupuncture clinic and movie night,
- Tuesdays from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Full info here
- Facebook page is here
When a need to mobilize community support arises, this is how we reach out. Sign up today for our Save SOMA Action Network!
"Text Before Tow” is a first-of-its-kind program where customers can sign up to receive a text message notification prior to having their vehicle towed. Learn more and sign up here.
If you would like to establish a new business in the District, please send an email to email@example.com. Keep an eye on the Web site for an application, coming soon!
Thanks to each of you who made a year-end donation to the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District! Your contributions enable us to expand the scope of the community events, public art, and support we provide.
Make a Donation!
Consider having your donation automatically happen monthly.
- Join the Cultural District now!
- If you joined more than a year ago, please remember to renew your membership.
- Membership is $15 (dues waiver available for financial hardship).
- Click here to join or renew.
- Do not share this link with others; it has been customized for you, and will expire in 7 days.
- For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a friend who would like to get this newsletter on a regular basis? Send them to sflcd.org/signup to get on the mailing list. Thanks!
Also, please follow, repost, retweet, or otherwise share the news about our events and posts! Your social media activity helps us reach more underrepresented groups. Use the social media links below. Word of mouth is good too.
Wishing you the best possible health and happiness in 2022!
LEATHER & LGBTQ CULTURAL DISTRICT
584 Castro Street #140
San Francisco, CA 94114